From An Awakened Eye

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

For I know the Plans I have for you...

That is the verse that I have been running through my mind day after day.
God knew we would be in this spot in our lives.
I thank him for friends to call on and that have lived through similar life changes.
Who understand the meaning of change.
So {change} it is in every area of my life and 
for that I am greatful. 
I don't want to look back
this time next year and be in the same  
place spiritually, mentally and physically.
I want to live a healthier lifestyle,
be more social with close friends
and bless people in ways that stretches
and strengthens my faith.
I am so blessed beyond measure.
So a year from now I will be living in a home of our own.... 
...Just the thought of hearing pitter patter of my little Eli
 across the floors of our home
is just breath taking and I know it will
all feel like a dream when it comes true.
We have ordered our plans for our home and
I am truly excited and nervous at the same time.
I am so thankful for a healthy husband and baby.
I am reminded of this every day.
I am so thanful for the opportunity
to build a new home
to raise our babies in.
Thankful for the breath of life and
all the "God winks"
I see every day.

I have to tell you a little "God wink" that happened at 4:30 this morning.
Eli has not been sleeping through the night and he is waking every 2-3-4 hours
and it is taking a toll on this full time working mommy.
But this morning as I slid out of the bed to go get him out of his crib
as he was crying and tears streaming down his face...I peep over the crib and he
just smiles...{heart melting here}.
In that instant it doesn't matter that I have only had 2 straight hours of sleep.
All that mattered was that sweet smile.
As I was changing his stinky, stinky diaper, I look up and he flashes
the same silly smile at me, as if to say "thank you mommy for
getting that stinky off of me."
If it wasn't 4 something in the morning I would have
ran and grabbed my camera to capture that smile,
but there are just some moments that a picture
can not hold and they are carried in your heart forever.
BLESSED!
So Blessed!
I have a healthy little 5 month hold to kiss his toes
and have heart melting moments like these at
4 am. SO worth the sleepless nights, SO worth it!

Jeremiah 29:11-14

11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you,” declares the LORD, “and will bring you back from captivity.[a] I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you,” declares the LORD, “and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile.”

No comments:

Post a Comment