From An Awakened Eye

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Spiritual Snicker Bars

Today is a very scattered day for me. I feel trapped behind my desk at work when there are other things I would rather do today. I am just not feeling the groove. Don't get me wrong I am truely blessed with a wonderful job, but my mind is in a different place.
I have been reading  the book "Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World" and wow it really brings perspective on the things of this world. Today I was reading about stepping into the living room of God and becoming intimate with Him any time I want. Joanne Weaver the author, talks about living on a "snicker bar diet" and how we spiritually snack on snicker bars that hold us over and curve the appetite for more of God.  Truely getting intimate with God doesn't require much on our part other than being aware of the obstacles that Satan places in our way to keep us from getting to the "intimate living room".  If he can place obstacles and sometimes build spider web walls to keep us from entering into the living room. Because if Satan can keep you from entering into this place, He keeps you from getting deeper and more intimate with God.
What makes us get comfortable in the routines we live that allows us to fall down the spiral of complacancy? That is just it! We are creatures of habit. So I have realized a simple concept... If you want get out of the spiral, do something different to change the direction of the flow.  If you contiue to do the same thing you will get the same result and if you change to a different way of living life then you will get a different result. 
It will take more energy to live differently, but be sure you will allow yourself to enter into the living room of God for a deeper intimacy with him.
Rev 3:20 "Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me."

No comments:

Post a Comment