From An Awakened Eye

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Lavishly Love {Favorite finds of 2010}

 My friend Meredith over at Lavishly Love blog inspired me to write this post. And since some of you received gift cards and cash for Christmas I thought I would give you a few good ideas on where to spend it. These are my favorite finds of 2010.

For the kitchen & Laundry...

Love this stuff! Borax... I use it in the place of bleach and also with the dogs blankets. Very safe to use with any color of fabric... so it's where Clorox 2 snagged it's idea from. This stuff has been around for years. I actually saw an antique tin of Borax in the mountains this year of it and it pretty much looks the same except it's in a box. I have also used it to clean the shower and the hot tub outside. It would be great for the kitchen sink, except mine is a black granite composite and it is hard to rinse it off of the semi textured surface. Sounds weird I know, but on your typical ceramic/acrylic white sink it would do the trick without the chemicals. Which I love!


 Love, love, love this detergent! I had used method for about 2 years and my hubs never really cared for the smell, or lack there of... although they have improved since chaging to the pump style bottle.  So I read reviews about the Arm & Hammer Essentials and also snagged a coupon for it on a super double week and J picked up our first bottle. He loves the smell and I love that it is non-toxic, which I always look for in cleaning products. So it's a perfect fit for us. I may end up using the essentials free for the baby, haven't decided though. I'm sure it wouldn't be a bad decision, the only thing that holds me back is the no "baby" smell. The other "baby" detergents have added dyes, phosphates, bleaches, and petroleum- based cleaners which all grab your clothes and emit themselves and you breathe them in. Yuck, can we say carcinogens? So it may be Baby Ganics (on sale BOGO free see link for details), A& H Essentials free or Methods Sweet Pea depending on whats on sale. If your interested in knowing more about the yucky list above and the effects of the go here for a simple run down.  

The shark mop! You can buy this thing anywhere. It is a steam mop that has a removable pad that Velcros to the gray piece on the bottom that you see in the picture. My mom tried out 5 different steam mops before she decided on this one, so I trusted her reviews and went with it, I am so glad I did. I bought ours at Sam's Club and it came with a handheld steamer that we also use for the shower.You could use the hand held for your counter tops too for sanitation. But now the mop has been "improved" and comes with a purple "dust" type pad. I would still recommend it. I love that you just pull the covers off and put them in the washing machine and wha' la! Don't expect them to come out white as they were before you used them, but at least they are "clean". They also offer the shark mop and vaccum combo that would probably be nice too. I have a central vac so not really worth it for us. Again I can only speak for the plain shark mop. 
   I like using some type of cleaner with the mop, just for the smell of a clean house and I normally grab my method for the hardwoods and the ceramic tile...

  I love the no rinse factor plus chemical free here too! I have used these for about 2 years and I just don't want to try anything else. They last a good while too. I normally pick these up from Target.


Ok so moving on to you!
For the face...




  Love these products by Orgins. Before becoming pregnant and being on clomid it really messed with my hormones and caused breakouts. At least that is what I blamed it on first until I realized that it all happened when I started using MAC foundation. I know bummer, I just loved the coverage, but it didn't love me. So I took the foundation and primer back to the MAC counter and received a full refund. Long story short I turned right around and walked into the Orgins store for a mini facial and LOVED the way the product felt and decided to give it a try. I have since converted from my salon grade cleanser that I had to grab when the salon was open which was only during my working hours and was a pain, so I love the conveince of ordering this online or picking it up at my local mall.
So to break down my favs from Orgins I have combo skin, or at least I did. Since using these prducts I have become pretty much normal all over. The cleanser is A Perfect World which my hubs starts singing What A Wonderful World when he reads the label in the shower. I love that it takes just a small amount and it doesn't have a taste or smell.  My latest purchase is the Modern Friction, this a twice a week natural dermabrasion that I keep in the shower for simple rinse from the face.
I also use the toner or "moisterizing lotion" form the A Perfect World collection after cleansing and masking.  
And the one I can't live without is the serum White Tea Skin Guardian
It makes your skin look so vibrant. I can litterally put it on half of my face and see the difference. It gives life to you skin.  You apply this before the foundation. I love the light feel of the Stay Tuned foundation. It is light weight and the coverage is moderate so you can wear it all year long. 

Now I could not let go of one of my MAC products... 
MAC paint pot in painterly. I have not found an eye shadow primer that works better and last all day. I have had my paint pot for almost 2 years now and I use it daily with a concealer brush. So it's worth the money.  

For the hair...

It's a 10 miracle leave in product. You can go here to see why I love it so. I have the pink bottle that they released in October for breast cancer awareness. You can pick this up at any salon.

Lastly pregnancy...;)

Things I love that have helped during this pregnancy...
I have loved {every} item in this pregnancy kit by Earth Mama Angel Baby

I found it at Babies' R Us for 19.99, I felt like it was a splurge, but obviously I found a great deal.


So that is my list of Lavishly loves for 2010.
Link up to share your lavishly loves
that you have discovered over the past year
or
that you just can't live without.
Blessings for 2011!
EWO,
Jen

Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list...



don't forget to leave your favorites.....

1 comment:

  1. Jenny,

    My neighbor would be singing your praises, as she is a director for Origins! Lucky for me she keeps my cabinet full of Origins goodies :) My absolute favorite is the Ginger Body Suffle...its heaven!

    Cheers to you in the New Year and may God's blessings continue to surround you.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete