From An Awakened Eye

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Faith is {not} Enough!

Through this time of God carrying me (hence the new wings added to my background) I have been clinging to a book that I mentioned several blogs ago. It has become my second Bible. This book is full of the scriptures and promises found in them and the best thing about it... it fits in my purse! So if I am having a meltdown or just waiting in the MD office I can pull it out and remind myself of the promises He {God} has given me. Ok I almost had a hysterical moment because I couldn't find where I stuck the thing 2 hours ago...moving on. I also want to mention to you that the word {Faith} has been resignating in my spirit and the words..."Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see." {Heb. 11:1} I found myself in Hobby Lobby last week  & I picked up a cute wall hanging that had the word {faith} on it and I just didn't like the colors and I thought, "well where will I put it?", and I just put it back down.  So this weekend I was in several different Hobby Lobby's {which by the way is my happy place} and I saw this and just had to have it...



Ok back to the book...I could just kiss Jackie Mize right now because of her obedience to write her heart in it. In the chapter of the book titled Before Pregnancy:  Desire to Conceive, Fulfillment Over Barrenness, She starts off with a prayer that goes like this..."Father, we thank You that children are the heritage of the Lord, and the fruit of the womb is His reward. Children are Your idea, Father; You thought up children, and family and home. you instituted the family in the Garden of Eden. You ordered children; you commended them when You said to Adam and Eve, "Be fruitful and multiply." You said that the barren womb is never satisfied. Lord, the Word declares that I am wonderfully and fearfully made by You; therefore, I'm perfect and able to conceive and have children. You said that I {my wife} would be a fruitful vine by the side of our house and our children like olive plants around our table. We are not ashamed but happy because our quiver is full of children."
"Thank you, Father, that You designed and fashioned me {her}, to have children, that in the Bible barrenness was the exception, not the rule, not Your will, not normal, something against Your plan and purpose. And in Your goodness and faithfulness, every barren women in the Bible who was godly and believed Your Word became pregnant; You opened her womb and blessed her, and she became pregnant; You opened her womb and blessed her, and she gave birth to a precious baby just as I {she} will. You make the barren women to keep house and to be a joyful mother of children."
" You said, Father, that because You are our God and we are Your people and have a covenant with You, that You will love us and bless us and multiply us and bless the fruit of my {her} womb and that neither male nor female among Your people would be barren.
"Father, we are redeemed from the curse of the Law by Jesus, and being barren in under the curse of the Law; therefore, we will receive from Your grace and have children.
"Father, no plague, no evil shall come nigh our dwelling. We are healed by the stripes of Jesus. Sickness of any kind is taken out of our midst. You said to ask anything of You in Jesus' name and it would be done; and that if two of us on earth agree as touching anything it would be done. So we pray and we agree with You and Your Word, Father, that we will conceive and bring forth a healthy, precious baby to Your glory and honor. We pray all this according to Your Word and will. You said, This is the confidence that we have in You, that if we ask anything according to Your will, You hear us; and if You hear us, we know we have the petition we desire of You. We have it now. Thank You, Father, in Jesus' name."
Then she list the scriptures that she was decreeing and declaring in this prayer:


Psalm 127:3-5 (New Living Translation)



 3 Children are a gift from the Lord;

      they are a reward from him.
 4 Children born to a young man

      are like arrows in a warrior’s hands.
 5 How joyful is the man whose quiver is full of them!

      He will not be put to shame when he confronts his accusers at the city gates.


Genesis 1:28 (New Living Translation)


 28 Then God blessed them and said, “Be fruitful and multiply. Fill the earth and govern it. Reign over the fish in the sea, the birds in the sky, and all the animals that scurry along the ground.”

Psalm 139:14 (New Living Translation)




 14 Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex!

      Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it.


Psalm 127:4-5 (New Living Translation)


4 Children born to a young man
      are like arrows in a warrior’s hands.
 5 How joyful is the man whose quiver is full of them!

      He will not be put to shame when he confronts his accusers at the city gates.

Psalm 113:9 (New Living Translation)


 
9 He gives the childless woman a family,
      making her a happy mother.

   Praise the Lord!

Galatians 3:13 (New Living Translation)


 13 But Christ has rescued us from the curse pronounced by the law. When he was hung on the cross, he took upon himself the curse for our wrongdoing. For it is written in the Scriptures, “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree.”

Psalm 91 (New Living Translation)


Psalm 91

 1 Those who live in the shelter of the Most High
      will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
 
2 This I declare about the Lord:
   He alone is my refuge, my place of safety;
      he is my God, and I trust him.
 
3 For he will rescue you from every trap
      and protect you from deadly disease.
 
4 He will cover you with his feathers.
      He will shelter you with his wings.
      His faithful promises are your armor and protection.
 
5 Do not be afraid of the terrors of the night,
      nor the arrow that flies in the day.
 
6 Do not dread the disease that stalks in darkness,
      nor the disaster that strikes at midday.
 
7 Though a thousand fall at your side,
      though ten thousand are dying around you,
      these evils will not touch you.
 
8 Just open your eyes,
      and see how the wicked are punished.

 9 If you make the Lord your refuge,
      if you make the Most High your shelter,
 
10 no evil will conquer you;
      no plague will come near your home.
 
11 For he will order his angels
      to protect you wherever you go.
 
12 They will hold you up with their hands
      so you won’t even hurt your foot on a stone.
 
13 You will trample upon lions and cobras;
      you will crush fierce lions and serpents under your feet!

 14 The Lord says, “I will rescue those who love me.
      I will protect those who trust in my name.
 
15 When they call on me, I will answer;
      I will be with them in trouble.
      I will rescue and honor them.
 
16 I will reward them with a long life
      and give them my salvation.”


1 Peter 2:24 (New Living Translation)


 
24 He personally carried our sins
      in his body on the cross
   so that we can be dead to sin
      and live for what is right.
   By his wounds
      you are healed.


Exodus 23:25 (New Living Translation)


 25 “You must serve only the Lord your God. If you do, I[a] will bless you with food and water, and I will protect you from illness.

John 16:23 (New Living Translation)

23 At that time you won’t need to ask me for anything. I tell you the truth, you will ask the Father directly, and he will grant your request because you use my name.

Matthew 18:19 (New Living Translation)


 19 “I also tell you this: If two of you agree here on earth concerning anything you ask, my Father in heaven will do it for you.

1 John 5:14-15 (New Living Translation)

14 And we are confident that he hears us whenever we ask for anything that pleases him. 15 And since we know he hears us when we make our requests, we also know that he will give us what we ask for.


{Still} with all the faith in these scriptures it is {not enough}!  Your probably thinking what is this girl talking about.  I was reading in James at lunch on Tuesday and God revealed to me this simple fact found in this scripture... {I know this is long, but stay with me}...

James 2:17-24 (New Living Translation)


 17 So you see, faith by itself {isn’t enough}. Unless it produces good deeds, it is dead and useless.
 18 Now someone may argue, “Some people have faith; others have good deeds.” But I say, “How can you show me your faith if you don’t have good deeds? I will show you my faith by my good deeds.”
 19 You say you have faith, for you believe that there is one God.[a] Good for you! Even the {demons believe} this, and they tremble in terror. 20 How foolish! Can’t you see that faith without good deeds is useless?
 21 Don’t you remember that our ancestor Abraham was shown to be right with God by his actions when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? 22 You see,{his faith and his actions worked together}. His {actions made his faith complete}. 23And so it happened just as the Scriptures say: “Abraham believed God, and God counted him as {righteous because of his faith}.”[b] He was even called the {friend of God}.[c] 24 So you see, we are shown to be {right with God by what we do, not by faith alone}.

So we're not talking random acts of kindness here!  We are talking about a man who when told by God to place his child on an altar to be {burnt} as an offering to Him... Did just that! He had {faith} that God was going to take {care} of his child. Now you or I may have said to God, "are you crazy?... no way", but Abraham {walked} out his {faith} in God. He knew God had a plan {although he couldn't see it} he knew God saw the bigger picture and He would {declare him to be righteous}.  "22 You see, his faith and his actions worked together. His actions made his faith complete."  Did you get that?  It may sound crazy to pray the next prayer, but go one step further and that is how you walk out your faith...

"Bodies, we speak to you in Jesus' name; you will com in line and agreement with the Word of God. you will respond to His holy Word. You will function properly and perfectly, the way God intended you to. Every part, every organ conform to the Word and plan of God as we come together in marital love. Body, conceive! Be pregnant. Cooperate with God's plan. Grow to a perfect baby- spirit, soul and body. Your Word says, Father, that none shall cast their young, nor be barren among your people and the number of our days You will fulfill. This pregnancy will be fulfilled. We decree it in Jesus' name and receive Gods' best; we won't settle for anything less in Jesus' holy name. Thank you, Lord, that it is so and done to Your honor and glory. Amen. {Ex 23:26}

In Romans 4:18-21, Apostle Paul wrote about Abraham's faith:
18. Hoping in spite of hopeless circumstances, he believed that he would become "the father of many nations," just as he had been told: "This is how many descendants you will have."
19. He did not weaken in faith when he thought about his own body (which was already as good as dead now that he was about a hundred years old) or about Sarah's inability to have children,
20. 
nor did he doubt God's promise out of a lack of faith. Instead, he became strong in faith and gave glory to God,
21. 
being absolutely convinced that God would do what he had promised.(ISV)
Having faith is hoping in spite of hopeless circumstances. Having faith is never doubting the promises of God. Having faith is being absolutely convinced that God would do what he had promised to do.


This is just how God works... so hold tight. Tonight I decided to get a shower before going to church. I wanted to hear worship music, so I drug the Apple into the bathroom counter and started my favorite playlist {which happens to be the Passion 2010 CD} I was consumed by the Spirit of God. I couldn't even finish putting on my make-up, so I headed to church with no make-up {bye, bye insecurity} I didn't care!  I had to get there to see what God had to say to me tonight.   {I am a leader in a college/career age class called {Envoy}... So I get there and walk in and everyone is coloring a picture.I know what your thinking, but my 1st thought was "ah, therapy", bahhh I know I am pathetic} So I sat down {30 min late mind you} and started coloring "my stars" purple.  Yeah I totally missed the fact that there were letters all over the page and legend at the bottom on "what color were to go where" {yeah I totally laughed at my self}  Anyway, the title of the lesson was {Against the Odds- overcoming the fact that life isn't fair}... Ouch!  Deborah, one of the Godly mother's who mentor me, spoke about how we have to persevere to prevail.  Gen 50:20 says, "You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives."  {Eyes Wide Open... for sure}  She then asked 2 questions: 
 1. What is your suffering moving you toward? 
She pointed out that we as Christians will "beat the odds and come out on the other side different." 
2. What is the basis for the passion that fuels your dream?

"Do you dare to hope that God has the power to transform even the most horrendous events in your life into a catalyst for unimaginable success?"

Hello... that one is for every one of us, in any "valley" or "pit"! 


EWO,
Jenny

Abundance is... His presence that overtakes me when I can't carry myself, obedient "Mothers" in Christ who teach what God has laid on their heart,  pumpkin latte (decaf of course),  spicy chicken wraps from Wendy's, a warm safe place to call home. 

P.S.
So after I bought the pink cross on Friday... that is when I had the {meeting with God at the altar} experience on Saturday morning. Yeah, He knows our hearts and when we walk out our faith and actions and then they begin to work together and become {complete}.  {Completeness} that's what I want, don't you?

.... so I know that was a long one, but it has been welling up in me for the past 5 days ok?  {Big cheese}








No comments:

Post a Comment