From An Awakened Eye

Friday, March 19, 2010

Life in High Heels!

   The title of this post is kind of like saying {when I grow up}... I will wear high heels! Remember when you were a little girl and you wanted your first pair of {Sunday shoes} with a {high heel}? I do! It was around Easter and I had picked out my dress which was baby blue. I think I was around 2 1/5 {mom correct me if I'm wrong} and I asked for a white pair that had a tiny heel on them, yeah it still had a strap around the ankle. I remember trying them on in the store, I think it may have been Sears, and walking down the aisle way thinking I was so {grown up}! It was different, little slippery and wobbly, but I got the hang of it and it was only a 1/8th inch heel! I walked around at home in them {because I couldn't wear them until Easter Sunday} prancing around like I was walking down a runway. I liked the way they made me feel! I felt important because everyone knows that important people wear {high heels} and when they walk they make a clunk noise. I liked hearing that noise! Funny now that I look back on it, but {shrug} I was two and that was my perspective on the world.




From Jen 2 y.o


  Funny how things have changed, or have they? I can still relate to this world {in a pair of heels}. There is just something about them. I mean throw them on with a pair of jeans and {wha' la'} you’re a different person. So today I shared with a friend my perspective on life from the view of a four year old now almost twenty-eight year old {on April 2nd} at the importance of the {High heel}.... Enjoy!

  The truth is no one wants to be around a {Victim}. It just pulls them in the same direction, which is down. People like to be around {Victors}... and I will tell you why...
   In life everyone is given a {closet full of shoes}. We learn to walk in our first pair of baby walking shoes 1st right? As any baby does. Then comes our first pair of tap shoes or ballet slippers and those are fun, but then we get our first pair of {heels}. So what if they are just a hint of a heel? At 4 who cares, they make noise! Then we grow and finally we graduate to our first pair of {high heels}. It's a little wobbly at first, trying to walk in a straight line is a struggle. The ankles are weak and you get the picture. Then we find ourselves one day with our {high heel} stuck in a grate in the middle of the road, with our hair wind blown and make-up disappearing, cars coming at us in every direction and in that moment we have a decision to make. To decided to either keep looking down at the high heel that is stuck {ourselves} or to look up and see a way out! You see we have the promise from God that He will always provide a way out! It's up to us to look up and see it. I mean really it took years for that supermodel to learn to walk in her heels! So ladies, keep walking in your {high heels} and you will see that it gets easier to keep your head up and walk in those {heels}!



{Eyes Wide Open},



G

James 1:2-5 (New Living Translation)
Faith and Endurance

2 Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy.
3 For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow.
4 So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed,
you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing.
5 If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking.

P.S. I will post a pic of myself in those heels... I think I was having a hormonal moment is them with tears on my face in the pic. Oh well, we all have our moments.  Chin up!

Abundance is.... warm Spring weather,  today is Friday,  Joy, a simple Smile, Fun weekend ahead!

1 comment:

  1. Love the pic! You've always been beautiful, inside and out. <3 you!

    ReplyDelete