From An Awakened Eye

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Sweet 16 Sweet Adrianna

Happy 16th birthday my sweet Adrianna!!!
I can remember the day you were born.
Your mom laughed the whole time she was in labor.
She worked so hard to bring you into this world and
sweet girl, you were worth it to her and to us.
I remember crying the first time I held you.
I could not contain my tears, you were so
perfect and wanted.
I had prayed so many nights that God
would bless my brother and sweet sister-in-law
with a child, and now you were finally
in our lives forever.
This is one of the first times I remember God
answering a prayer.
I was 12 at the time you were born and
I wanted nothing more than to help with you.
Little did I think about you growing up, but I
am reminded of it now every time I
see your maturing face.
You have an amazing spirit about you...
Your determination is like no other.
You are timid and meek at first then once you warm up
you are spunky and full of life!
You have a dear heart for God and
sharing His love.
You have blessed me on so many occasions with
a verse from the Bible at what was always the right time.
You helped me through the most difficult time in my life.
You have an incredible destiny.
I want to encourage you to reach for the stars
 and set your goals high in life.
For I know that what ever you set your mind to..
with God's strength.. you will accomplish it!
Have the audacity to ask God, like Joshua did, for the
sun to stand still, and live in your faith that He 
gave you this life to impact the Kingdom
for Him!
I am proud of you sweet girl and
it would take me hours to list all your wonderful
attributes so I will sum it up by saying this...
I love being your Aunt and part of your life.
I am on the outside looking in and I see and
amazing women of God that
if finding her place in life.
I am filled with excitement knowing that you will
make wise decisions and maybe a few
not so wise, but I have confidence that you will
discern when you do and learn from your failures.
Know I am always here for you and
praying for God's voice
to be present with you
always. 

All my love,
Aunt G-G
10-14-10

No comments:

Post a Comment