From An Awakened Eye

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A holy makeover

"Not one sparrow … can fall to the ground without your Father knowing it. And the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don't worry! You are more valuable to him than many sparrows" (Jesus in Matthew 10:29-31, TLB).

So if He cares about the sparrows, then I know he cares about the details of my pregnancy to come.  In the past year my prayer has been for our "Sammuel" to come when he is due on this earth. (not that we are praying for a boy or anything) In looking at the story of Hannah and how she wept in the temple uncontrolably, she wanted God to remember her. I know He will remember me no doubt. So I am praying for the detail of this pregnancy and here is my list of the desires of my heart. He places them there for a reason so I am speaking them in faith! I want a holy makeover before this baby is even conceived. I want to be a clean vessel that will be used by God to carry the "Sammuel" he gives us. Again I am praying these things in faith before we even conceive... we aren't pregnant yet. But this is my faith in action...
 Physically:
1. Healthy baby in all ultrasound pitcures.
2. No scarry defects that are not seen correctly in u/s. (I have seen way to many people get upset over nothing)
3. No nausea or vomiting in the first trimester. ( I am prone to nausea in the AM anyway, so it has been a fear that a pregnancy would cause it to escelate.)
4. No stretch marks (silly I know, but I will already be self concious about my thighs and I do not want marks on them that I will have to forever cover up)
5. wonderful birthing experience, no complications
 Mentally:
1. To stay focused on the destiny of the baby/pregnancy.
2. Covering from fear over my thoughts; staying positive in proclaiming God's will over the baby.
Spiritually:
1. Grow closer to God, close my ears and eyes to my carnal and open my eyes and ears to the spiritual as it says in Isaiah.
2. Mature more in the Word and hiding it in my heart. Specifically remembering references on where it is located in the Bible.
3. I want to be obedient and teachable "You are good, and what you do is good; teach me your decrees"(119:68).

 1 Sammuel 1:19 Early the next morning they arose and worshiped before the LORD and then went back to their home at Ramah. Elkanah lay with Hannah his wife, and the LORD remembered her. 20 So in the course of time Hannah conceived and gave birth to a son. She named him Samuel, [c] saying, "Because I asked the LORD for him."

This keeps pounding in my heart... "Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Prov 3:5". My trust is in you Father. Your will be done.

Whew... faith isn't easy! That's for sure! But it is the only hope I have... In Him!

Abundance is... a loving husband who takes care of me when I can't take care of myself mentally.

EWO,
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment