From An Awakened Eye

Monday, January 25, 2010

It's a new day!

Recently I have been dreading going to work. Things have been unpleasant and just dreadful. So last night I "commanded my morning" in the name of Jesus.  And it worked! I am focused and not distracted by the things at work. My work is almost completed for the day and it is only half way over!  You know by comanding my morning I had a different feeling about my self this morning. I still have the same feelings about this place, but that's ok, I don't have to let it affect my attitude today. It's a new day!

Have you ever been at the end of your rope?  Well I was there this weekend. I needed scriptures and someone to pray for me, yes this prayer worrior couldn't even pray for herself. Several weeks ago at one of Jonathan's basket ball games a friend, Sara, was sitting beside me and she prayed over me and the desire to have a baby. You know it makes all the difference in the world when someone prays over you who has been there!  She said that there is a book she read while going through the same thing. It is a book of prayers and scriptures. Being such a good friend, she went that night to B.A.M. and ordered it for me. Well I picked it up yesterday and read the whole thing!  It was full of scripture specific to how I need to pray and what I need to claim in Jesus name. It reminded me of my "contract" (promises from God written in His Word). One thing is for sure, I love being reminded of my promise of my contract!  It is empowering! 
Sara, I just want to thank you for bearing my burden yesterday. I needed the support and encouragement. You were my "Aaron" when I needed one! You said it, that we are to bear one anothers burdens to fullfill the instructions of Him and to be in obedience.
So here I am back on my feet, alittle stumbly and wobbly, but standing with my armour on!  Thanks God for placing obedient people in my life to pour and help when I can't help myself.
Abundance is...
Philippians 4:12-13 (New International Version)


I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do everything through him who gives me strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment