From An Awakened Eye

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Better Days with Friends

This morning has been a better. I had my chiropractic appt today 8 am and I just LOVE my Dr. She is easy to talk to about scripture and prayer. I have had a certain person burning on my heart and she helped me talk it out during my adjustment and before I left she asked if she could pray with me. What a blessing!  I needed that first thing today. I was sitting in the car looking for scripture on friendship because that is the topic I will be talking about tonight in ENVOY and found this one:

Proverbs 27:6
 Wounds from a friend can be trusted,
but an enemy multiplies kisses.

At first I was a little confused with the terms "wounds" and "kisses".
it kinda seemed backwards fro a second and I couldn't wrap my mind around it. I asked Dr. Trexler how she took the verse and when she explained it I totaly got it!

Wounds aren't always harmful.

{WHAT} that doesn't make since!
When done in love, they are not meant for harm, but for good.

The message puts it this way:
"The wounds from a lover are worth it;
kisses from an enemy do you in."

It's kinda like when you lovingly tell your DH that you really don't like his new hair cut.
Or telling a friend the guy she is dating isn't the Godly man she has prayed for because you have seen a different side of him in his actions and it doesn't portray Godliness.
Almost like constructive critisism.

It isn't something you want to hear, but need to hear it if given in love.
It's like a paper cut on your finger that will heal in a few days and doesn't leave a scar, but is annoying for a few days.

I will expound on the word "cut" in just a bit.
Off to work...

No comments:

Post a Comment